Sunday 24 April 2022 10am to 3.30pm
(includes a copy of Inspired by Trees book)
Relax, unwind and immerse yourself in nature for a day of ‘being, thinking and doing’ inspired by the trees, plants and other living beings at beautiful Whistlewood Common.
At the start of the day you’ll be given a complementary copy of Inspired by Trees: Creative Workbook by Sarah and Eva Spencer. Throughout the day you’ll add to your book via a series of individual and group activities designed to encourage you to look at yourself and the rest of the living world in a different way.
Themes of the day:
- discovering the natural principles that are nature’s secrets to success and what they can offer us
- looking at the patterns in nature and how they can help with our mental and physical health
- boosting confidence – growing and spreading our branches
- resilience – how can we thrive better in challenging times
- how diversity, uniqueness and difference are strengths to be embraced
- the benefits of pausing (like trees do in winter)
- time for individual reflection
- small group activities
- relaxed pace
- time to unwind and be at peace in a beautiful natural woodland setting
- simple creativity (no prior talent or confidence required – in fact we’ll be encouraging even the most artistically-gifted to try something new)
- a balance of indoor and outdoor activities
- spend quality time in Whistlewood’s beautiful strawbale and timber eco roundhouse
- fun and laughter and an opportunity to chat with a small group of people age 18 – 25
- please bring a packed lunch
Sarah Spencer, founder of Think like a Tree and author of Think like a Tree: the natural principles guide to life and Inspired by Trees: creative workbook. Sarah studied permaculture design and is trained as a Forest School leader. She has been running Think like a Tree courses at Whistlewood and online since 2017.
Anne Bramley, founder of Wellbeing at Whistlewood, Anne is a trained Forest Bathing Guide and Forest Therapy Practitioner.
This Experience Day is funded by The National Forest Company
Please book your place via the link.
If you have booked and are no longer able to attend please let us know so we can offer the place to someone else.
If you are older than 25 years then we would love to welcome you on one of our other Experience Days.
Covid 19: we will review the situation prior to the event and appropriate measures will be in place. A good proportion of the day will take place outside. If cases nationally are high at that time we will consider asking participants to take a Latal Flow test prior to arrival.
Accessibility and additional needs: We aim to make all our courses as accessible as possible – please let us know if you have any additional needs that you would like us to know about.
The Whistlewood roundhouse and toilets are accessible by wheelchair.
Getting to Whistlewood:
Address: Whistlewood Common, The Common, Melbourne, DE73 8DH . Whistlewood is down the track opposite Dovesite Business Park. Look for the sign that says Melbourne Animal Farm and Whistlewood is half way down the track on the right.
There is car parking on site.
Bus: The site is served by the number 2 Bus between Derby and Swadlincote.
If transport is a problem for you, let us know and we’ll see if we can assist.